The Wei Wai Kum First Nation is looking to hire a Casual on call guardian. As our active
season approaches the guardian watchmen crew will have several projects on-going and
will require extra help on projects during this time.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist with bull kelp survey’s: Data entry, taking measurements.
• Archeological survey’s: updating data of previously recorded sites.
• Conduct pre and post harvest survey’s of logging blocks.
• Heydon Bay camp 8 day shift work: Salmon enumeration, data entry, cooking,
fish fence and camp maintenance.
• Fish farm monitoring: sea lice, benthic and juvenile salmon and pacific herring
• Fish farm decommissioning work: observing and recording of the removal of the
fish farms and any debris on the ocean floor and shoreline.
• Habit restoration work at the Campbell River estuary.
• Good physical condition
• Grad 10 or equivalent preferred
• Swift Water rescue preferred
• Valid BC Driver’s License Preferred
• Radio Operators Certificate preferred
• Small vessel Operator Profiency (SVOP) preferred
• First Aid preferred
Preference to Weiwaikum members with previous experience and willing to train
the right person.
Please submit you resume by mail, email or in person by April 8th, 2022 to:
Wei Wai Kum First Nation
1650 Old Spit Road
Campbell River, BC V9W 3E8