Start date: As soon As Possible
Rate of Pay: $17.00
Part Time/On-Call Year-Round Maintenance Position:
We are looking for reliable hard-working individual who is able to work with limited supervision and as part of a team. this is a year-round part-time position that will lead to more hours as we get into the busier season next spring.
JOB DESCRIPTION & Skills:
This position requires an individual that may have some handyman skills such as carpentry skills, minor plumbing, painting, ability to work with some power tools and outdoor yard maintenance equipment, such as, for cutting grass and weed whacking and keeping park grounds and beach area clean and free of trash at all times.
- Knowledge of hot tub maintenance would be considered an asset.
- Be physically fit and able to do some heavy lifting.
- Good communication skills are very important as is the ability to work as a team player.
- You will help supervise summer students for outdoor maintenance work for 8 weeks during summer when required.
- Follow direction from your Supervisor or Management.
- Keep track of inventory and inform management when supplies are low.
- Learn new COVID-19 operational protocols and procedures for staff and guest’s and pass new procedures along to guests in a friendly manner when needed.
- Regular sanitization of all RV sites after guest’s check-out, as required by new Worksafe BC protocol due to COVID-19.
- Sanitize all common areas in the RV Park as set out by management to adhere to Worksafe BC protocol.
We are looking for someone who can follow a list of daily duties as well as keep up to maintenance and repair issues as the may arise.
This position is seasonal however you may be called in the Low Season for maintenance issues or repairs as they arise during the winter. For example, water line breaks, or snow removal, hot tub cleaning maintenance, repairs in cottages or RV sites.
You will need to have a valid driver’s license and you must have a clean driver abstract with no criminal offences.
Preference will be given to Weiwaikum Band member. Position will remain posted until filled. Drop off your resume at the Thunderbird RV Park Office between 9am and 6pm at 2660 Spit Rd, Campbell River.