Duration of Employment: 8 weeks
Hours per Week: 35 Hours
Gain valuable work experience in a busy outdoor environment in the Tourism Hospitality industry.
– Greeting the public in a friendly manner
– Gain experience with outdoor maintenance equipment
– Some painting and repair work (some small construction repair work)
– Assist guests and their Recreation Vehicles to campsites
– Some heavy lifting may be required (picnic tables, fire pits, firewood)
– Gain knowledge of hot tub maintenance
– Keep campground clean and free of garbage as well as beach area
– Work and communicate together with other staff members as a team player
– Follow direction from supervisor
Public relations play a large role in this position and learning to talk with guests and communicate is very important.
The skills acquired by summer students will be to always be safe, learning the safety of using power equipment, be aware of your surroundings to keep other staff and our guests safe as well.
Keep the Campground property clean and looking good for our guests, practice the importance of safety and cleanliness in the work force.
This year we will pay extra attention to learning the importance of cleanliness in a public setting.
Arrive on time to work each day and gain self-confidence and valuable work experience.
Able to work independently and willing to work a flexible work schedule if required.
Must be at least turning 15 years of age or turning 16 years of age in this calendar year.
You were a student during 2020/2021 school years and or planning to return to school in September 2021 or enrolled in the fall or spring.
Sean Muir, Operations Manager
Wei Wai Kum First Nation
1650 Old Spit Road, Campbell River, BC, V9W 3E8
CLOSING DATE: Friday June 11th, 2021 by 4:00 PM