Rate of pay: $14.60/hr
Application deadline: September 10, 2020
Anticipated Start Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Duration of employment: Part time employment contract until January 1, 2021 (Approx. 20 hrs per week)
Due to the current unpredictable climate related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the duties of the Visitor Services position will be adjusted based upon current circumstances. The successful candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable. Technological skills will be highly considered in the selection of candidates for the position. All precautions will be taken to ensure the successful candidates will work in a safe environment, and ensure the health and safety of others.
- To assist with all aspects of visitor services: reception desk, admission registration for public programs, visitor statistics, patrolling galleries, and assisting with shop sales and inventory.
- Assists with general information about the museum, exhibits and the community.
- Takes admission and public program fees using a Point of Sale system.
- Answers the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members.
- Handles and balances cash and related paper entries.
- Assists with sales and inventory in the Museum Shop, under the direction of the Shop Manager.
- Assists with the promotion, registration and implementation of public programs.
- Relays accurate information about planned programs and events.
- Assists with statistics on visitor attendance.
- May assist with informal tours of the galleries to individuals and groups.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers.
- Must possess good communications skills.
- Broad general knowledge and interest in the community of Campbell River and region, particularly visitor services and attractions, would be an asset.
- Applicant must be a youth between the ages of 16 and 30.
- Will learn about all of visitor/hospitality services through training and on the job experience.
- Training on basic to intermediate use of Microsoft Word, computerized point of sale system, office equipment.
- Will learn basic evaluation strategies and statistics gathering and reporting.
- Learn to work within a team staff environment, supported by enthusiastic professional staff.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Tona.McMurran@crmuseum.ca.
Application deadline is September 10, 2020.