JOB POSTING – FULL-TIME YOUTH WORKER
Wei Wai Kum First Nation is accepting applications for the position of Youth Worker. The purpose of this position is to nurture the physical, emotional and spiritual growth of the youth of the community.
DUTIES: Reporting to the Band Manager the Youth Worker plans, organizes and promote recreational, cultural and preventative activities and programs with a focus on inclusion of Laichwiltach culture and language. The Youth Worker participates in all program activities in a leadership role; organizes special events for youth; and participates in strategic and operational program planning, design, and evaluation.
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires:
- Related training and experience working with youth and families;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s License (or willingness to obtain this license)
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification;
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Ability to exhibit patience, diplomacy, respect and a sense of humor;
- Knowledge of the culture and traditions of the Laichwiltach People
This position is a full-time, position for 35 hours per week usually weekdays from 8:30am to 4:00pm. Hours will be flexible depending on project activities.
Please mail, email or fax a cover letter and resume, to:
Sean Muir, Operations Manger
Wei Wai Kum First Nation
1650 Old Spit Road, Campbell River BC V9W 3E8
Fax: (250) 287-8838
CLOSING DATE: June 11th, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview