The Wei Wai Kum First Nation provides post-secondary education funding for both part-time and full-time students. Both receive funding for tuition and books and supplies. Full-time students also receive a living allowance.
To receive funding, Band Members must be approved through the annual application process. Students must submit a post-secondary funding application package to the Education Coordinator by 4:00 p.m. on March 31 of each year.
The Band’s post-secondary policies and guidelines state that to be eligible for post-secondary funding, an applicant must be:
- a registered member of the Wei Wai Kum First Nation (Campbell River Indian Band)
- a resident of Canada for the last 12 months, and
- registered in an accredited post-secondary institution in a program of study that
- is at least one academic year in length
- has grade 12 or equivalent as a prerequisite for admission, and
- leads to a certificate, diploma or degree
For more information, contact Post-Secondary Carolyn Hebenton (Education Coordinator) at email@example.com or 250-286-6949.
Post Secondary Application
Release of Information
Post Secondary Policy
Post Secondary Letter of Intent Education Plan