Thunderbird RV Park and Resort will hold its 21st annual Salmon-Cod Derby Aug. 4 – 6, offering fun and entertainment for the whole family.
The derby starts at daybreak Aug. 4 and ends at 3 p.m. Aug. 6
Derby Entry Fees (Band Member Prices):
Adults (14+): $20.00 (Derby + Dinner $30.00)
Children (4-13): $10.00 (Derby + Dinner $15.00)
Children (0-3): Free
- You must register and receive an entry ticket at the Thunderbird RV Park office
before you go fishing.
- Cut off for registration is Saturday, Aug.5 at 1 p.m.
- All fish and creatures must be weighed on the park scales by staff each day.
- Fishing area is from Green Sea Bay to The Hump, the Beach and Discovery Fishing pier.
- Last weigh in is at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6.
- Prize (cash) determined by number of entries after registration cut off.
Cash prize for 1st and 2nd place Salmon catch.
Cash prize for biggest cod catch.
1st: Biggest fish catch.
2nd: Biggest total weight. (Total number of fish)
3rd: Most interesting sea creature.
* You must be registered in order to win a prize*
August 6 at 6 p.m. – BBQ Only:
Wei Wai Kum Dancers perform after dinner – Prize presentations made after dinner.
BBQ Tickets Only (Band Member Prices):
Children (13 and under): $5
Children (3 and under): Free.
Menu: Salmon (2 dishes), chicken wings, ribs (honey-garlic and dry), several salads, desserts and pizza!
Please bring your own beverage of choice (juice boxes available for kids)
August 4 - 6, 2017