HOUSEKEEPER for year-round part time employment. This position will lead into increased hours as we get into the busy summer season. At times being on call is needed, as bookings come in daily at times on short notice.
Rate of Pay: $16.85
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 12 to 25 Hours per week
Our Housekeepers deliver exceptional guest experiences by:
• Ensuring Guest Cottages and public areas at cottages are clean and safe
• Passionate about the hospitality industry and the guests we serve
• Ensuring the cleanliness of all linens and towels
• Keeping Cottages sanitized, stocked and organized
• Keep house-keeping storage and supply building tidy and organized and stocked, inform manager when supplies are low.
• Attention to detail is extremely important.
• Being highly responsible and reliable
-Learn new COVID-19 operational protocols and procedures for staff and guest’s and pass new procedures along to guests in a friendly manner when needed.
-Regular sanitization of Cottages after guest’s check-out, as required by new Worksafe BC protocol due to Covid-19.
-Sanitize all common areas in the RV Park/Resort as set out by management to adhere to Worksafe BC protocol.
Responsibilities: Under direction and support of Office Management, responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Meet or exceed guest expectations of great service by providing and maintaining the highest level of professionalism, and cleanliness.
• Contribute to a positive workspace through the use of effective communication skills within the housekeeping department and all office and outdoor maintenance staff.
• Continually strive to improve cleanliness standards
• Ensure the cleanliness and order of all work areas and equipment for cottages
• Responsible for cleaning guest Cottage suites and common areas
• Safe operation of standard Housekeeping equipment and other duties as assigned
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment at times
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
o Specific duties include:
o Cleaning and sanitize up to four small cottages
o Laundry after check-outs (bedding, towels, blankets, etc.)
o Keep cottage storage rooms tidy, organized and advise management when we need to restock supplies
o Sanitize washrooms, laundry room and other related duties as they may arise or as requested
o Able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and able to work on a on-call basis with short notice at times. All hours are day shifts.
• Previous hotel/motel or Chamber maid or House Keeping experience considered an asset.
• W.H.M.I.S Certification would be considered an asset.
• First aid certification would be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to Weiwaikum Band members with the above qualifications.
We are willing to train the right person. Only those short listed will be contacted.
Drop off your cover letter and Resume to the Thunderbird RV Park & Cottage Resort Office from 9am to 6pm.This position will remain posted until March 19, 2021. Only those short listed will be contacted.