The importance of this position cannot be stated enough. Attention to detail, time management and strong background in finance are just the start to be successful at this position. The Office Administrator will work closely with the GM to ensure budgetary compliance and accuracy of all reporting.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of personal workload.
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Client/Customer Focus – Provides superior service to customers.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Cooperation – Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Judgement – Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Organization – Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
A complete list of all Job Duties can be obtained by contacting Trevor Gatzke @ 250-287-2614
- Three years of experience in the financial industry
- Certifications or licenses appropriate to industry
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, and forms
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Ability to read, understand, and calculate financial figures such as discounts, interest rates, proportions, percentages, and taxes
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Meticulous with numbers
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Please contact Trevor Gatzke at Discovery Harbour Marina to apply for this position or to clarify our requirements.