· To provide students safe daily transportation to and from school for both the WeiWaiKum and WeWaiKai Nations. This may also involve providing transportation for Cultural school relation field trips.
· For liability purposes the bus provides the service for those students identified on Nominal Roll which is specific to those students who reside on Reserve.
Responsibility of Students:
· Remain seated, facing forward with feet on the floor at all times.
· Be patient and respectful of personal space of other students on the bus.
· Be mindful of those students around you while getting on/off the bus.
· For safety purposes please allow the younger students to load and off-load first.
· Talk quietly while on the bus and do not yell as this may distract the Bus Driver.
· Keeps arms, hands and head inside the window at all times.
· There will be zero tolerance for bullying of any nature.
· Any disrespectful or foul language directed to the bus driver will be not tolerated.
· While departing the bus, allow seats in front of you to depart first in an orderly fashion.
· Absolutely no food, beverage or chewing gum allowed while riding the bus.
· Vandalism of any kind by a student will have consequences.
Responsibility of the Bus Driver:
· The Bus Driver is to ensure safe transportation of the students.
· Provides a schedule of pick up and drop off between the communities and schools.
· Should any students not comply within the “Responsibility of the Students” the Bus Driver is to report the incident to the Education Department of either community.
Discipline for bus behavior:
Students who fail to meet the “Responsibility of the Students” will be dealt with in the following manner:
· The Bus Driver will advise the Home School Liaison. After careful review of facts the Home School Liaison will follow up with parents and education co-ordinators.
· First incident, student will receive a verbal warning and a phone call to the parents/guardians.
· Second incident, student will be suspended from riding the bus for three consecutive days and will be a written correspondence to parents/guardians.
· If there is continued misconduct and disruption by the student a meeting will be scheduled with the student, parents/guardians, and education department to address further discipline.
Click here to see the School Bus Schedule