Six Band members were nominated to stand for the position of Councilor in the upcoming by-election to be held June 11.
At the nomination meeting held last Thursday, April 26, the following nominations were received (listed in alphabetical order by last name):
- Dean Drake, nominated by Ruby Moon, seconded by Fredrick Gillette
- Ritchie G. Quocksister, nominated by Rock A. Quocksister, seconded by Carol Bear
- Josh Duncan, nominated by Jean Roberts, seconded by Taylor Duncan
- Dana Roberts, nominated by Lorna Quatell, seconded by Edwina Henderson
- Frances E. Roberts, nominated by Allan Henderson, seconded by Iris Rayburn
- Raymond Wilson, nominated by Dana Roberts, seconded by Anthony D. Roberts
This is a preliminary list. The Electoral Officer will know by Friday at 5 p.m. if all the candidates accept or decline their nominations. The final list will be posted Monday, May 7, which is also the day voter packages will be mailed.
The by-election will be held Monday, June 11 at the Thunderbird Hall from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Any eligible voter (a Band member 18 years of age or older) may vote by mail-in ballot by contacting Electoral Officer Heather Ware or Deputy Electoral Officer Roy Brooks at 250-650-6544 or via email at email@example.com.